Reasons to Support Us
The following points are considered to be ‘planning issues’:
Retail / Employment:
- Additional jobs created for local residents;
- The store will not adversely impact the vitality or viability of Bristol city centre, and will likely strengthen Bristol’s overall economic performance;
- The application site passes the sequential test as set out in National Planning Policy; there are no other suitable sites in the catchment which would accommodate the new Lidl store;
- The proposal will provide new and improved shopping facilities at competitive prices and offer exceptional quality to the benefit of local consumers;
- Lidl stocks a variety of unique product lines which are not available from other mainstream retailers;
- Provide a high quality contemporary building and significantly improve the visual impact of the existing site;
- Use sustainable materials, construction techniques, building management systems and operation processes to promote energy efficient and environmentally friendly operations.
- A modern building design using high quality materials will add a contemporary dimension to the existing street scene and will enhance the character and appearance of the area;
- New landscaping will be provided surrounding the site to improve the general visual amenity of the site.
- The development of the currently vacant site will result in the sustainable re-use of a brownfield site and within walking distance of existing residential development at the east of the site;
- Sustainable construction techniques will be employed as well as the use of sustainable materials where possible;
- Lidl operate a highly energy efficient business with a strong commitment to recycling and the use of energy efficient equipment and techniques within the store to reduce carbon emissions;
- The subject site is in an accessible location.