The Proposed Development
Click the image for a larger view
The proposed development is for the construction of a new Lidl food store with associated car parking, servicing, access road and peripheral landscaping. Access to the site will be provided from a newly formed access road east of the site leading onto Hayes Way. The store will extend to 2,125 sq.m gross internal area with net sales of 1,325 sq.m.
The proposed food store will be supported by 158 car parking spaces, including 8 dedicated disabled spaces and 11 parent and child spaces. Secure cycle storage will also be provided.
It is proposed that the food store will be open between the hours of:
- 8am to 10pm Monday to Saturday (including Bank Holidays), and
- 10am to 4pm or 11am to 5pm Sunday
Benefits of the proposed development
The development of the site will provide the following benefits to the local area:
- A purpose built store which provides a clean and fresh shopping experience to meet the needs of customers;
- A dedicated in-store bakery;
- Improved shopping choice and provision of a new mainstream discount operator for North Bristol and the surrounding area;
- A contemporary building design that will complement the surrounding area;
- Employment opportunities, including up to 40 new retail jobs for local residents;
- Landscaping will improve the visual amenity of the site including soft landscaping around the boundary of the site;
- The redevelopment of a currently vacant and underused parcel of land.