The Proposed Development
Proposed Site Plan
Click the image for a larger view
The proposed new store will extend to 2,125 sq m gross internal area with net sales of 1,325 sq m. An area of the site is being reserved to be marketed for future office use to encourage additional employment opportunities in the Patchway area.
The store will provide 158 car parking spaces, including 8 dedicated disabled spaces and 11 parent and child spaces. Secure cycle storage will also be provided. Access to the site will be via the Concorde roundabout.
It is proposed that the Lidl store will be open between the hours of:
- 8am to 10pm Monday to Saturday (including Bank Holidays), and
- 10am to 4pm or 11am to 5pm Sunday
Benefits of the proposed development
The development of the site will provide the following benefits to the local area:
- A purpose built store offering residents from Patchway and Charlton Hayes fresh and high-quality products at affordable prices;
- Employment opportunities, including up to 40 new retail jobs for local residents;
- Lidl have proposed a contemporary building design to complement the surrounding area, including soft landscaping around the boundary of the site.